Roof Installation Process – Preparing for a new Roof installation
When you’ve been using your roof for about 2 decades or more, it’ll need replacement before it gets damaged. You have to hasten the replacement problem. Deciding to replace it earlier will give you ample time to explore your options when to do the installation, what roofing company you’ll be using. You can leave the rest to your roofing company.
The contractor in charge of your roofing service will agree on a time that works for you and your family, you don’t have to be present, but it doesn’t hurt if you are. They’ll also take care of any necessary building permits, so you don’t have to be worried about being charged fines.
Reasons for replacing your roof
1. Age of roof, if the roof is more than 2 decades old, then replacing is the only option
2. Missing, buckled, or curling shingles
3. Roof sagging
4. Miss covering your roof
5. Shingles granules in the gutter
Before a new roof is installed, the roofing company will have to carefully uninstall all your old roofing materials to preserve the integrity of the new one for a long time. After uninstalling the old one, they’re able to install new ones.
Before the installation, you have to move your vehicles away from the house, so the roofing company will park their equipment very near the house, which makes it easy to do their jobs fast.
Move patio furniture and toys. They can become tripping hazards or be damaged when roofing materials fall on them. You should also keep your children and pets out of the way and prune your trees ahead of time if you have any.
Roof replacement vs. roof repair
1. Roof repairs are generally cheaper than roof replacement
2. A roof replacement gives you peace of mind, while with a roof repair, you know there will be more repairs coming your way
3. A new roof gives curb appeal
Leave a Reply